Hackers and Viruses are a constant threat
Through this post I hope to educate computer owners about the steps to follow to create a safer computing environment. By following the basics outlined in this article you will be on your way to safer computing.
Securing your computer systems, the basics
- Antivirus - A must on all computers. As a minimum, go for a free one like Avast free antivirus.
- Wifi Security - Wifi is an easy way for a hacker to gain access to your systems. To combat this, use a complicated WPA 2 password. Do not use dictionary words.
- System passwords - Use complicated passwords with a mix of numbers, letters and special characters. Do not use dictionary words.
- Operating systems and software updates - Keep Windows updates on automatic, make sure all applications are up to date.
- Online habits - Stay away from untrusted websites, do not open unsolicited emails and do not give out passwords online.
- Backups - Have multiple encrypted backups, both onsite and offsite.
If you need help securing your computer systems, please get in touch with us.