NBN Battery Replacement Service Brisbane
Server Guru IT Support provides a NBN backup battery replacement service to Brisbane residents and businesses. When you book an appointment with us to replace your NBN battery, we will come to your house or business, remove the old battery and replace with a new NBN battery. The NBN Co power supply battery backup replacement process take minutes and will get rid of that annoying replace battery beep.
NBN Fibre to the Premises (FTTP) Power Supply Unit
When switching your home or business to a NBN Fibre to the Premises connection (FTTP), your NBN power supply unit comes with a battery back-up.
In the case of a power outage, the battery back-up will last for about five hours. If your back-up battery is flat, faulty or missing, your phone and internet services will not work.
You will know when it's time to replace the battery when the "Replace Battery" light appears on the NBN Co box. You will also hear an alarm sound - one beep every 15 minutes indicates the battery needs replacing, and four beeps every minute indicates less than half of the battery charge is remaining.
A backup battery supplied by the NBN company has a 2 year warranty from day of first battery installation. You are responsible for sourcing, removing and installing the new battery.
Replacing The NBN Co Backup Battery
The battery used in the NBN Power Supply Unit is a sealed Lead Acid type 12 Volts and 7 Amp hour capacity.
The entire NBN battery replacement procedure takes about 10 minutes. We need to power off the NBN unit before replacing the NBN battery, during this period your internet connection and phone will not work. After the old NBN battery has been replaced, the low battery alarm will stop beeping and the "replace battery" indicator light will be off.
Our NBN battery replacement technician will give you the option to keep the old battery or he can take it away to be recycled.
NBN power supply backup battery delivery and replacement, our cost to you is only $140.00. We are the cheapest NBN FTTP backup battery replacement service in Brisbane.
How to Replace The NBN Backup Battery Yourself
Just in case you prefer to change the NBN battery backup yourself, here is a quick step by step to help you through the process.
Removing the old NBN battery
- Turn off and unplug the NBN Power Supply Unit
- Open the front cover of the NBN Power Supply Unit
- Remove the battery by pulling the locking clips situated above and below the battery apart
- Disconnect the red plug from the battery
- Disconnect the black plug from the battery
Installing the new NBN battery
- Connect the black plug to the new battery
- Connect the red plug to the new battery
- Push the battery locking clips apart and insert the new battery into the NBN Power Supply Unit
- Close the front cover and plug the Power Supply back into the electrical socket and turn the power on
- Verify that the "Replace Battery" indicator light is off
It is important to note the polarity of the battery terminals, if the battery is wired the wrong away around you will damage the NBN FTTP unit.
How To Silence The NBN Battery Alarm
The NBN battery backup unit alarm will sound when the battery level is low or if the battery has reached a point near its end of life. The NBN alarm is therefore an idicator that it is time to replace your NBN battery.
It is possible to disable that annoying NBN battery alarm, although this practise is not recommended. Herewith the steps:
- Unplug the black and red battery terminals from the battery
- Remove the battery
- Press and hold the "Alarm Silence" button for 15 seconds
- Enjoy the silence 🙂