Managed IT Services is the outsourcing of specialised IT services by an IT organisation with the skill set to provide network administration, disaster recovery, consulting services, equipment procurement and IT management. The service would be provided on a proactive basis intended to improve operations and cut expenses. It is an alternative to the break/fix or on-demand outsourcing model where the service provider performs on-demand services and bills the customer only for the work done.
Benefits Of A Managed IT Services
Stay focused on your core business
Businesses have limited resources, and every manager has limited time and attention. Outsourcing can help your business stay focused on your core business and not get distracted by complex IT decisions.
Every business investment carries a certain amount of risk. Markets, competition, government regulations, financial conditions, and technologies all change very quickly. Outsourcing providers assume and manage much of this risk for you, with specific industry knowledge, especially security and compliance issues.
Compliance and security
Is your firewall up to date? Do you audit your Workstations and Servers? Your IT infrastructure could be out of date allowing security holes to outsiders.
By selecting managed services you gain access to staff with specialist skills and decades of experience.
Proactive mitigation of data loss and downtime
By inspecting system logs, data loss caused by hardware failure can be detected and resolved early on.
Locally based technical support
Choose a IT tech company that understands the local IT technology and infrastructure. Only settle for an IT services provider that are minutes away from your business, can you afford not to have them close? Remember, not everything can be fixed remotely.
What You Get With A Managed IT Services Solution
- Server and Workstation monitoring - An important aspect to determine the uptime and health of your production systems.
- Server and Workstation maintenance - This is very broad but usually includes patch management, system updates and hotfix install, firmware upgrades, disk and file system checks, integrity checks, securing systems, system log maintenance, system storage space cleanup and log inspection.
- User Support - General day to day IT support to staff, assisting in a timely and effective manor.
- Vendor management - Full IT ownership and management of IT vendor companies. Typically hardware suppliers, software suppliers and infrastructure suppliers.
- Reporting - Report on performance and health of services, devices and network. Recommendations are sometimes included.